January 30th, 2012

We might need a better distraction.

And as always, vote to see the process behind this page!

Comment by Karen

This is why you don't feed wild-things while camping - A wild-thing can hear a fellow wild-thing snacking from very far away and will immediately beeline towards the source of said snacking. And will in some cases be rather fierce about claiming their share.

These are basically quadruped hell-geese.

posted at 1:42am on February 1st, 2012

"These are basically quadruped hell-geese."

....Best description. IT'S TRUE

posted at 9:43am on February 1st, 2012

Reply by SotiCoto

All geese are hell-geese.

posted at 7:31am on March 9th, 2016

Oh, since when does Sev has his spine loosly dangling above his pelvis??? ...

And just now I realize that it's _above_ his pelvis... wth? Ah, anatomy, anatomy ;p

posted at 3:51am on February 1st, 2012

Eeeeek that was supposed to be "does Sev have his spine". I guess all those "s"-s confused me.

posted at 3:57am on February 1st, 2012

Though if that tail were properly an extension of his tailbone, he'd have to wear his loincloth-wrap-thing like the saggy pants of a highschool kid, and nobody wants that.

I dunno, I had sort of imagined the new tail as being fused on top of his spine rather than an extension of the latter! It obviously doesn't require proper muscles and stuff since it is a skeleton tail and he can still move it around, and it's not really SUPPOSED to be part of his anatomy.

(Though you bringing it up makes me curious if it would be possible to fiddle it closer to his proper tailbone without it being awkward. Might try this! No promises though. xD )

posted at 9:42am on February 1st, 2012

Well, yeah, arguing about the correct anatomy of magical make-belief creatures might not be very productive. But it still looks kind of out of place AND I still find it hard to imagine just how it would connect to the rest of his spine (but then again it's I who once discussed with a friend whether or not it could be biologically possible to have wheels instead of limbs ^^"). I did some backtracking for reference and I see he had this tail for quite some time now, though mostly it wa obscured by text. It looks a bit odd on the other occurences too, but I guess it is this close-up that gave it away.

I don't really understand your concerns about a "shaggy jeans loin cloth" to be honest. My artistical skills are somewhat wrose than that of a kindergarten kid, but I guess you could just draw it coming out from under the loincloth??? Maybe that would make the curving of the tail less "realistic", but I would be more willing to suspense my disbelief for that than this. But that's just me. and it's your comic.

ps.: I made this ludicrously lame illustration of my idea of Sev's tail coming out from under the loincloth. It really isn't an essential part of the post, but I'm leaving it in so you might have a laugh at my pathetic attempt at art ;)

||||
|||| loincloth
tail /|| leg
\_/ ||
||__ feet

posted at 1:30pm on February 1st, 2012

aaaand it failed... Y U not appear like you do in the type-box-thing? darn...

Sorry for flooding the comments. I apparently have no life. <_<"

posted at 1:32pm on February 1st, 2012

Probably something to do with this! xD

(To address the curiosity, the tail-under-loincloth thing was considered at some point during the character's designing! And subsequently vetoed on the combined grounds of "causes too many panty shots" and "Severian does not wear panties." )

posted at 1:25am on February 2nd, 2012

And then this happened.

posted at 7:32pm on February 2nd, 2012

Awwww
You are so awsome and nice.
I can't verbally express my amusement and appreciation, so I'm just going to say "Woo, Thanks!"
Also: I got patter on the shoulder by Sev's tentacle-arm. Yay :3 The whole drawing just cracks me up. :_D And I'm still dumbfounded that you founded important/entertraining enough to take the time and effort to draw it... So,
Woo, Thanks!

posted at 6:49pm on February 5th, 2012

Comment by Ryorin

Those aberrants are now adorable, both for the reason mentioned in the alt text and for making adorable, demonic purring noises.

I want one. I would name it Scruffy.

posted at 6:31pm on February 1st, 2012

That seems like a good name for a violation of nature crackling with unholy fire that likes to play fetch.

posted at 1:27am on February 2nd, 2012

Comment by reynard61

"OH HELLO."

In his position I'd be more like "OH HELLNO!"

posted at 2:23am on February 2nd, 2012

Comment by Kaani

Absolutely love the last panel!

Been reading this comic for a while and it's fantastic... keep up the great story and the great art!

posted at 10:29pm on February 2nd, 2012