November 15th, 2016

YES THANKS, GOOD ADVICE, GOT IT

I had no idea what to do for a vote incentive but there's still a placeholder doodle if you vote!

Comment by Fates Vagrant

They really know how to pick them, don't they? would have been safer sleeping in the street...maybe, with their luck something else horrible would be bound to happen.

posted at 12:13am on November 15th, 2016

hopefully they can get a discount for "closet transformed into murderous tentacle monster" because the potential yelp review is not looking great at the moment

posted at 12:48am on November 16th, 2016

That's actually a good business strategy "The ones that would complain about the monsters probably won't live the morrow to complain about them."

posted at 6:34am on November 16th, 2016

My brain is catching on Xira calling Sev "Sev"... it is super cute even though it's probably happened before this and makes sense because no one calls him "Severian" but. What if. I also ship this. :')

ANYWAY HEY JONAN, STAY SAFE BUDDY!!!

posted at 12:14am on November 15th, 2016

omg bless you kiri

(also: Jonan calls him "Severian," not that anyone can tell)

posted at 12:49am on November 16th, 2016

How undignified. Jonan can never show his face in public ever again.

posted at 12:46am on November 15th, 2016

YES, THAT'S,, DEFINITELY THE CHIEF CONCERN HERE,

posted at 12:49am on November 16th, 2016

Comment by eoforyth

I'm not sure who is looking the most horrified this week - even Necropony is drop-jawed. Jonan is perhaps less so, but then he is busy wondering just what he is going to do with that basin when the facestealer gets past the table!

Good to see Jonan is hanging in there, but I'm wondering just what they can do to save him at this point! I'm really admiring your shading on this, BTW. Very atmospheric.

Aww, cute Necropony, even if it is just a placeholder. I have to ask, is there an archive of the past voting incentives available? I noticed that earlier comics still have live links, but I'd be interested in seeing some of the more recent ones (if only because I missed Halloween).

posted at 1:42am on November 15th, 2016

(Ahhh thank you!)

re: vote incentives: Yes! It's mentioned in the FAQ, but they go up on a two-month delay! That way they're still a special bonus for people who vote, but they're not gone forever. :>

posted at 12:53am on November 16th, 2016

Comment by The Doc K

I'm impressed with Jonan. He's a stick of a man with almost no strength whatsoever and here he is fending of a Facestealer with a basin and a table.

posted at 1:47am on November 15th, 2016

"HERE EAT THIS NOT ME"

speaking of eating, he also hasn't eaten in *checks watch* four days, so y'know what, credit where credit is due; I'm pretty sure I would've just stayed in bed at that point.

posted at 1:11am on November 16th, 2016

Comment by The Quiet One

*screams* Too many eyes! Me no likey! *screams some more*

Also - hang in there Jonan! I have become weirdly attached to your ability to be sarcastic and judgy through body language only!

posted at 1:57am on November 15th, 2016

THE BETTER TO SEE YOU WITH MY DEAR!!!

also oh my gosh I 100% love everyone who's left a begrudging "I SUPPOSE IM KIND OF ATTACHED TO YOU FOR SOME REASON SO TRY NOT TO DIE"

IT'S THE MOST JONANESQUE DECLARATION OF AFFECTION POSSIBLE

posted at 1:01am on November 16th, 2016

Comment by NoRAd

Time for Severian's patented "set it on fire" method.

posted at 2:03am on November 15th, 2016

The Severian Technique™

posted at 12:59am on November 16th, 2016

I was just about to scream "Where is Tarri?!" but phew, she is there on panel 6.

Oh my gosh I can't believe the guys fell asleep in a room witha facestealer! Why didn't it steal their faces yet though? Could have done it in their sleep, right? Ugh! I am retroactively creeped out!

posted at 3:06am on November 15th, 2016

Yeah SHE'S FINE, Jonan told her to wait outside (she noticed the commotion mostly because of necropony getting upset)

(I imagine stealing faces (and other parts of the body) during sleep would be possible, but also the sort of thing that's liable to wake people up. So, it depends on how careful you want to be.)

posted at 1:05am on November 16th, 2016

I have never understood exactly what Jonan was trying to say as well as I do in that last panel.

posted at 7:52am on November 15th, 2016

finally, a word Jonan can actually say

posted at 1:12am on November 16th, 2016

Comment by Meggyc

Poor Jonan. The impact from hitting the floor in the first panel looked like it hurt. I love Sev's not helpful/obvious advice. Saying stuff like "Deep breaths, ok?" makes it sound like he's trying to talk a pregnant woman through labor despite having no idea what to do or how to help. Bless his heart.

The last panel is really neat, seeing what's happening from both sides of the door. Hang in there, Jonan! Don't die, okay?

posted at 10:00pm on November 15th, 2016

I MEAN ITS NOT BAD ADVICE if you assume a guy got locked in a closet and is clearly panicking for no reason. rather than, say. the door suddenly transformed into a tentacle monster.

posted at 12:58am on November 16th, 2016

Comment by The Wing

Oh gosh, now I gotta know, what did Xira just grab?? His... turban? His arm-cloth-wrappy-thing? Does he have some voodoo that can help, or does he have a more practical idea? Or did he just want a safety sash?

This is so intense! But I must believe Jonan can get out of this. *hanging off edge of seat*

posted at 3:56am on November 16th, 2016

"Let me grab my... my... totally not my runes, but um those other things that are important"

posted at 6:42am on November 16th, 2016

xira is The Best At Lying

posted at 10:07am on November 18th, 2016

Comment by Kira

Looooooooooooooove this comic too much for words. <3 JUST SAYING. The urge to periodically shower it/the creator with compliments hits hard.

posted at 7:08am on November 17th, 2016

Reply by Ikwig

This right here^^^^^^^^^^^ It's so good that I actually remember to come back every day to vote for it (and to read the comments)! One of my all-time favorites! <3

posted at 9:24am on November 18th, 2016

ahhhhhh gosh!!!! (⁄ ⁄•⁄ω⁄•⁄ ⁄) NO COMPLAINTS FROM ME but omg you guys are too kind!!

posted at 10:08am on November 18th, 2016

Comment by Draccardis

I would just like to say that until now, I was unaware doors had faces that could be stolen. Upon discovering this I kind of feel bad for the door, a silent victim of all this. On a different note, I wonder what else face stealers can impersonate. They seem like they would be an extremely difficult aberrant to defend against since they are capable of striking anywhere.

posted at 3:32am on November 22nd, 2016