August 8th, 2016

so, uh, is that a no...?

HEY GUYS!!!!
I'm gonna be at OTAKON this weekend!! You can find me HERE:

No new vote incentive because I'm running around like a headless chicken!!
If you're gonna be at Otakon then COME BY AND SAY HI! :D

I get the feeling Xira knows something they don't know...

posted at 1:53am on August 8th, 2016

Poor Jonan, he can't drop his chin in amazement. I honestly half-expected his mouth to be agape. :D

posted at 3:25am on August 8th, 2016

Comment by Anna

Does Jonan have a personal history with this town, given that he is being called Stilts?

Also will the vote incentive stay this way or be replaced during the week? :D I'll keep voting anyway. I really like your comic, it should be higher on the rank! No.1 would be the best ideally.;)

posted at 3:59am on August 8th, 2016

Reply by Heather

I assumed the 'stilts' thing was just because he's super duper tall.

posted at 4:19am on August 8th, 2016

Reply by Toanovu

I think it's supposed to imply the opposite; this guy DOESN'T know Jonan, and that's why he has no problem insulting him.

posted at 6:56am on August 8th, 2016

That's what I think too.

posted at 8:02am on August 9th, 2016

YUP it's not a Nickname Specific To Him, it's basically just saying "HEY YOU TALL SKINNY GUY THAT GOES FOR YOU TOO"

posted at 4:04pm on August 11th, 2016

Reply by Heather

I'm curious to see what Jonan's response will be because he's *definitely* not used to being talked to like that.

posted at 12:10am on August 12th, 2016

Reply by Anna

Yeah, I was tired and forgot what stilts are, so I thought it's a proper name and not the name of an object, haha!

posted at 7:51pm on August 12th, 2016

Reply by Anna

It would be really cool though if they had some history and were the only ones who weren't afraid of Jonan because they were immune to him or something, haha! Or had someone who'd take care of him.

posted at 7:52pm on August 12th, 2016

Reply by Heather

That would be cool. I would have maybe expected a bit more of a reaction from Jonan in that case, though.

posted at 1:41pm on August 13th, 2016

Comment by Fal

Only "half" a mind...They might still be able to sleep there. I wonder if they'll ask Xira to leave his turban like they did at the other city gate.
And wow, they don't know Jonan! I didn't think anyone would actually call his bluff through sheer ignorance.

posted at 4:38am on August 8th, 2016

"No vote incentive" she says.

Necropony is always a good incentive, don't sell it short. :D

posted at 6:57am on August 8th, 2016

Comment by Heather

I wonder if Xira will end up having to resort to having a private chat with the guy (with or without Jonan having to make Significant Eyebrows at him first)...

posted at 7:12am on August 8th, 2016

(omg I'm still giggling about Significant Eyebrows)

posted at 4:08pm on August 11th, 2016

Reply by Heather

Jonan's Eyebrows definitely classify as being Significant.

posted at 12:09am on August 12th, 2016

Comment by Meggyc

Stilts. OMG, I'm dead. XD

This guy is like a cross between the Emerald City door guard from the Wizard of Oz and someone with a really thick southern (US) accent and it's cracking me up.

posted at 9:38am on August 8th, 2016

Comment by ashendawn

Am I just forgetting or is the fact that the magic "going wonky" seeming to become a large/widespread problem new? Also, Xira, if you have some VITAL KNOWLEDGE it may be best to spill it soon.....

posted at 11:27am on August 8th, 2016

What?! Are you implying that Xira is hiding something? That's just silly! And rude! :p

posted at 8:03am on August 9th, 2016

Might be a good idea to sit on your mind powers for a bit, Xira, if magic everywhere is going wrong a lot lately. I am both intensely curious what a witch's miscast looks like, and also not quite sure if I want to know.

Huh, so the question is: is this place just so out of the way that Jonan's reputation doesn't reach it? Or is it like really insular so people don't care to hear much from the rest of Varænske?

posted at 2:39pm on August 8th, 2016

Reply by Heather

Yeah, I wonder that too. Or the third option is that the gatekeeper is just a particularly ignorant individual. He does give off a bit of a country bumpkin vibe.

posted at 8:34pm on August 12th, 2016

Comment by Lynx-Eye

I notice nobody has commented on "We got Agorath folks for that."

Is there an Agorath outpost or some such in town?

Remember, it was Agorath folks who wanted to "cleanse" Æmber and Sev.

posted at 12:52am on August 14th, 2016