July 4th, 2016

gosh yeah tareth come on keep up!!

And by popular demand, the extra doodle you get for voting is part two of my silly pokemon headcanons. (Someone called one of these really accurately and I'm very impressed! xD )

ALSO!!! Remember back when I didn't have this absurd buffer and I was able to livestream pages??? WELL a while back I kinda missed it and decided to skip a page so I could colour it later -- and now that time has come! SO! Lord willing, I'm planning to stream said colouring this Thursday evening :D I'm gonna plan to start streaming on my Picarto sometime between 7-8pm EST, and if you keep an eye on my twitter or tumblr I'll update when I go live!

OH!! ALSO AGAIN!! WE JUST HIT OUR FIRST GOAL ON PATREON! :D If you're a patron you need to get over there and tell me your thoughts on what kind of wallpaper I oughta draw for everyone!

Comment by Jade

Aaaand the vote incentive further supports that Æmber is a devious little Chosen One.

Still, poor Æmber, not being allowed to fool around with runes! Isn't that what being a Runewriter is all about? I am liking these priests less and less.

posted at 12:32am on July 4th, 2016

Reply by Adam

Priests are rarely known for their easy-going nature.

Granted, in Aember's situation, it might be a good idea not to cast. Look at the mess she got into.

posted at 12:55pm on July 5th, 2016

YEAH if you wanna be a runewriter, you gotta take some risks! You know what they say: you can't make an omelette without turning your hands into tentacles sometimes

posted at 4:36pm on July 5th, 2016

Reply by Jade

But these priests do not seem like good parental figures. A kid like Æmber needs to grow and experiment, not be cooped up in a stuffy church! Or magical miscast box.

posted at 11:15pm on July 5th, 2016

Reply by Adam

Well, the only figure that comes to mind that might do is Jonan. And I don't think he would take the task.

posted at 6:46am on July 8th, 2016

Man, she's had just that one book for YEARS. I guess hers is just runes, but, I'd die, I fill up a sketchbook like every two months, and if it was the only thing I had to even do... like, a week and a half, tops.

(I imagine there are squirrels doodled in the margins of that book. Please let it be so.)

posted at 12:35am on July 4th, 2016

geeez same, I would definitely be drawing sketches on top of sketches on top of sketches on top of (etc etc etc)

I'm not sure how much Æmber draws for fun but omg IF SHE STARTED SHE'S CERTAINLY HAD THE TIME TO PRACTICE

posted at 4:37pm on July 5th, 2016

Comment by Capsin

I can't believe that Aember is the chosen one because of her anime main character hair

posted at 1:46am on July 4th, 2016

At least no one is falling in love with her on first sight (yet). Though I'm sure there are/will be ships about her and Jonan.

posted at 6:33am on July 4th, 2016

Reply by Chelly Madock

I really hope not. According to the cast page she's 11 and he's 29. That's pretty unshippable to me.

posted at 9:38am on July 4th, 2016

Reply by Ikwig

An 18 year age difference would be shippable if they were both adults (I know some real life couples with 15 - 20 year age differences, and, honestly, it works for them). But him an adult and her still a child, yeah, I consider that definitely unshippable.

posted at 10:16am on July 4th, 2016

Well, yeah I was kidding :)

(but to be honest this wouldn't be the weirdest "ship")

posted at 5:13pm on July 4th, 2016

OMG CAPSIN IT'S TRUE, SHE'S THE ANIME PROTAGONIST

re: shipping: I MEAN,,, I WONT STOP YOU,,, that's about the same age range as Hermione x Snape and WELL THAT SHIP SURE EXISTS
but y'know, with Æmber having been 11 for the past 4 years, you can surely find a creative magical way to make that age gap less objectionable. SURELY

I think Æmber would be okay with people shipping her with Jonan as long as Jonan never, ever finds out.

posted at 4:41pm on July 5th, 2016

Reply by Jade

People ship WHHAAAAATTTTT?!?! The Potterheads have the weirdest crack ships...

posted at 11:16pm on July 5th, 2016

Reply by Adam

The solution is simple: get her out of the box and compressed time happens, she'll be magically a pretty 15-year old. Not as good as if she were 18, but less of an issue.

posted at 5:43am on July 7th, 2016

Comment by eoforyth

Wait, what, her HAIR? You have to tell us more, not just leave it like that! I mean, prophecies, visions and ominous dreams about the world ending, defeating great evils and the like are two a penny, but being the Chosen One because of your hair is new to me. Tell us more!

posted at 2:39am on July 4th, 2016

Yeah. And it can't just refer to the "runewriter hair" can it? I mean that city was "crawling" with runewriters, with "special" hair. And curly hair surely isn't that rare, is it? Or was the vision about the hair?
We request more exposition please :)

posted at 6:32am on July 4th, 2016

Reply by Ikwig

I immediately jumped to the conclusion that it had something to do with the color of her hair, since those colored tips seem to be the tip-off that someone is a runewriter. Maybe her color has never been seen on anyone, or is a unique mix of runewriter colors?

posted at 10:14am on July 4th, 2016

Reply by Jade

Come to think of it, we've seen red hair, green hair, purple hair, and black hair, but no blue.

posted at 10:47am on July 4th, 2016

Good point.

posted at 5:14pm on July 4th, 2016

Comment by Ikwig

Grah, stuck in a timeless box with no entertainment as a runewriter who has to listen to those priests tell her not to use her magic . . . AEmber's life has not been much fun. I'm hoping that there is some fun excitement lying in wait for her somewhere in this adventure, as she deserves it!

posted at 10:21am on July 4th, 2016

SHE HOPES SO TOO!

posted at 4:42pm on July 5th, 2016

OOOOH! Can't wait to watch that Livestream!

I do love all the ways Runewriting is kind of designed to parallel art in real life. It's cool to see a Runewriter's sketchbook!

And, hmm does that mean the blue hair tips AREN'T just Runewriter hair at work? Interesting.

posted at 3:08pm on July 4th, 2016

Reply by Random Passerby

... Hang on, are there some notes to herself in mirror writing in Æmber's sketchbook? Does she just write in mirror writing all the time now, after so many years in the box?

posted at 3:31pm on July 5th, 2016

ahhhhh the sketchbook is a really excellent comparison!!

and nice catch! : ) She's also left-handed, so mirrored writing might also help with not smearing your own ink.

posted at 4:43pm on July 5th, 2016

Jonan is the only one who names his pokemon? I would have thought Tarith would too, with the whole just picks the cute ones thing; naming them adds to the cuteness value.

posted at 6:03pm on July 4th, 2016

No way! She loves them like they are! She's not gonna call it some other nickname when its real name is Pikachu. ;u;

(Though she'd probably think it's really cute and start giving them names after seeing Jonan name his.)

posted at 4:45pm on July 5th, 2016

Reply by Toanovu

...I was going to make a joke about Jonan being a bad influence on Tari, but that wouldn't really be bad, just cute. XP

posted at 5:54pm on July 6th, 2016

No, your concern is legit. First it's just naming pokemons, next time, she is raising zombies left and right. What will the world come to? Will no one think of the children?! :D :P
...
Hm, brooding, goth Tari. That would be fun to see. (plz someone draw this, I can't draw)

posted at 3:02pm on July 7th, 2016

Comment by ashendawn

Okay, this may be a shot in the dark.. But what if Æmber's misscast was kinda like the one with Jonan and the thief where someone purposely messed it up? Like, what if the priest or someone made it purposely never go away so she couldn't "fool around" with her runes... Is that, something they could do?? Because at this point I'm thinking they would do that if they believed it was for "the greater good". Hope I'm wrong :/
Also, I would probably pick Pokémon based on aesthetics if I ever got the chance too. :'D

posted at 5:59pm on July 5th, 2016