March 28th, 2016

Oh?

And voting will get you an extra doodle about what our other friends might be up to!

Also, thank you for your Incredibly Quality Comments last week, I legitimately screencapped some of those threads just to have because they made me smile so much. xD

Comment by MissyZ

Oh dear, is this hinting at slavery? Not good at all.

posted at 1:36am on March 28th, 2016

Reply by Jade

*gasp* And Runewriters would probably be valuable, right? Is THIS why Sev's parents are dead? The Father's Day doodle said that his dad died trying to save him.

posted at 9:18am on March 28th, 2016

Comment by ashendawn

"Brought here"?? This can't be good.... (Especially with that expression :'/)

posted at 5:27am on March 28th, 2016

I like how the priest doesn't seem to be put off by all the miscast bodyparts. That's a cool guy.

posted at 6:11am on March 28th, 2016

Comment by Jade

Runewriters seem to be religious figures, almost like demigods. Maybe those miscasts are holy, indicating that the Runewriter has been around for a while. The more miscasts, it can be assumed, the more successful spells they've cast. (Someone like Jonan must seem either lazy, or really, REALLY badass). That could be why they're praying about Æmber's force-field, because they see it as a religious sign of something.

posted at 9:31am on March 28th, 2016

Backstory time! BACKSTORY TIME!!

posted at 11:23am on March 28th, 2016

Reply by Jade

*is torn between hopping up and down in excitement and chewing on nails in apprehension*

posted at 11:57pm on March 28th, 2016

Comment by Fal

About the vote incentive: So Xira can listen to people's thoughts without doing the black-eyed thing?

posted at 11:45am on March 28th, 2016

A lot of runewriters' eyes http://runewriters.com/index.php?c=55light up when they cast runes -- that black-eyed thing is what it looks like when Xira's eyes "glow" when he first casts the spell. They don't have to glow for the full duration. :>

posted at 2:29pm on March 29th, 2016

Comment by Riverfox237

...Ohhhh......

posted at 12:22pm on March 28th, 2016

(omg AM I SUPPOSED TO BE READING THIS IN A PLINKETT VOICE)

posted at 2:31pm on March 29th, 2016

So that's where Xira's been!

On the other hand, oooh the plot/backstory thickens.

posted at 5:46pm on March 28th, 2016

Comment by Chrysalis

This chapter is making me realize how little we actually know about Sev's past - kind of surprising for someone who doesn't seem to know when to keep his mouth shut! I'm looking forward to finding out more, even if it turns out that he has a good reason for not talking about it much.

posted at 11:07pm on March 28th, 2016

Sev: *constantly volunteering information about things he should shut up about*

"Hey so tell me about your past"

Sev: Haha nah that's a bummer, but so anyway like I was saying, *continues not shutting up, ever*

posted at 2:39pm on March 29th, 2016

Reply by Jade

Jonan: *writes on his page about Runewriting stuff*

"Hey so tell me about your past."

Jonan: *mumbles angrily and sics Necropony on them* *Necropony nuzzles person* *Jonan is not amused*

posted at 9:26pm on March 29th, 2016

Reply by Ikwig

Now I've got this image of Necropony trying to protect Jonan, but being such a sweet and cheerful little zombie, the best it can do is pounce on the offender and start licking his face like some overgrown puppy! Of course, being a zombie, that kind of behavior could be pretty effective in stopping an enemy, even if it wasn't quite meant that way, heh.

posted at 1:46pm on March 30th, 2016

Reply by Jade

The thing is, Necropony would probably be a lot more horrifying in person (in zombie?) I'm surprised we haven't seen people fleeing from the undead pony that's probably decomposing. Bottom line, not exactly a Febreeze job.

posted at 2:49pm on March 30th, 2016

Comment by Ikwig

Sev's facial expressions in the last two panels are soooo . . . un-Sev-like, it's kinda disturbing me. (This is meant to be a high compliment, by the way; I love finding out that favorite characters have hidden depths!)

posted at 1:43pm on March 30th, 2016

Reply by Aey

I was thinking the same thing! The look on his face in the last panel had me like 'WHO HURT YOU'

posted at 8:48pm on March 30th, 2016

Reply by Jade

I'LL SIC NECROPONY ON WHOEVER HURT THE CINNAMON ROLL.

posted at 11:10pm on March 30th, 2016

omg I want to fav all of these comments, I'm so glad

posted at 12:33am on March 31st, 2016

Comment by Jade

Looks like they could kill you, but is actually a cinnamon roll: Necropony

Looks like they could kill you and could actually kill you: Jonan

Looks like a cinnamon roll, but could actually kill you: Sev

Looks like a cinnamon roll and is actually a cinnamon roll: Tareth

posted at 10:59am on April 2nd, 2016

Reply by Random Passerby

Does this make Xira or Æmber the Sinnamon Roll?

What am I saying, Xira's been going around solving all his problems with mind control, he's clearly the Sinnamon Roll.

Æmberdidnothingwrong2k16

posted at 9:41am on April 3rd, 2016

oh my gosh

posted at 10:16pm on April 3rd, 2016

Crap. I'd never really thought about Sev's backstory, but... it would sadly make a whole lot of sense if slavery was a thing in this universe, what with what we have seen in regards to racial relations. :(

posted at 4:48pm on April 3rd, 2016

Comment by ashendawn

Say.... Is Sev the only Ilvanov that dresses like that then? I'm not sure I've seen anyone else dressed similar.... (I am confusion)

posted at 7:05pm on April 3rd, 2016

Ilvanov is a much hotter country, and it makes sense to dress for it in Ilvanov, but Varænske doesn't QUITE have the weather for it (note that literally everyone else in the cast wears long sleeves and multiple layers).

So I mean, I wouldn't say he's the ONLY one, but Sev's personal fashion choices have more to do with him being Sev (and also lots of clothes getting in the way of turning into a dragon) rather than his particular race/ethnicity. xD

posted at 10:27pm on April 3rd, 2016

Reply by Jade

"THE COLD NEVER BOTHERED ME ANYWAY!"

posted at 11:08pm on April 3rd, 2016