May 23rd, 2017

xira, don't be such a scaredycat, it's only an unknown arcane ritual powerful enough to destroy hundreds of aberrants!

And as always, you can vote for an extra doodle! This one is about food.

Comment by Himochi

Finally, some food!!! Hurrah!

Xira is a cute dork too tbh; I love this.

posted at 12:11am on May 23rd, 2017

omg Aember asking for food too tho. WHAT A CUTE. HOW DARE.

posted at 2:15am on May 23rd, 2017

Reply by Random Passerby

AAA SAME

posted at 4:47am on May 23rd, 2017

Reply by Heather

TOO CUTE

posted at 10:16am on May 23rd, 2017

Aember can haz apel

posted at 11:35am on May 23rd, 2017

Comment by TheOtherDibbler

Re. the vote incentive - is Tareth aware of Sev's tragic back-story? Because I am suddenly concerned that he gained this knowledge a really bad way.

Also: I love how Sev said that about the stew. Wording and body language are both great.

Also also: I am intrigued as to what prompted Xira's question.

posted at 4:56am on May 23rd, 2017

Reply by Random Passerby

Maybe he's been in telepathic contact with whoever he's talking to in the black thought bubbles a long time? So to him, it seems weird to not be any more?

posted at 9:40am on May 23rd, 2017

Reply by Fal

I think Tareth is unaware (the vote incentive seems to go that way too). It seems like the kind of thing Sev would have tried to hide, and even if adults found out they probably wouldn't tell the kids -and they met as kids.

About Xira: maybe he has telepathic control over the whole city, and not being able to maintain the control field would mean everyone suddenly remembering and going for his blood? XD
But more seriously, either he's worried he'll act in a way mundane people wouldn't, and blow his cover, or he is just prudent (I mean, he's the only one of the main cast without any miscast, as far as we can see, and before the cultist spoke, they didn't know for sure what was causing this or if it was normal)

posted at 1:26pm on May 23rd, 2017

Comment by Devika

Awww Aember<3<3 so preciouss

Also, finally FOOD!

(I forgot, what does the blue text in the last panel mean?)

posted at 5:01am on May 23rd, 2017

Reply by Salaru

Whispering/lip reading I think.

posted at 7:11am on May 23rd, 2017

Reply by Devika

Ohh riight that makes sense!

posted at 4:44pm on May 23rd, 2017

Jonan,what are those?! Because I am sure they are not legs! Seriously bor, never skip leg day! :)

posted at 11:33am on May 23rd, 2017

Reply by eoforyth

Bwahaha! Yeah, I'm sure being a necromancer and surrounding yourself with emaciated zombies doesn't mean you have to be quite that scrawny as well (they seem to have plumped up in the next panel - pass him another apple).

posted at 6:08pm on May 23rd, 2017

D'aww AEmber in the vote incentive!

And I just want to say again how cool it is that you have a different style for every form of "speaking". It shows so much thought and care, and it's also just really neat!

posted at 12:43pm on May 23rd, 2017

Comment by Threnodi

Oh wow, Xira, have you been in contact with your sneaky mental pen pal constantly, then? And it looks like from that black squiggle his question to Tareth isn't entirely academic??

Hehe, I like how the informative glasses-ritualist has Ezra's haircut. I guess between Ezra and Quentin, you probably went with the sounder role model there buddy?

And YAY for food, and yay for Sev knowing not to encourage Jonan to over-do it! (Though less yay for however he probably found that out D:) And Æmber! Guess it's time for a creepy-mystery-ritual picnic!

posted at 3:04pm on May 23rd, 2017

Comment by Threnodi

Oh yeah.. and reiteration that all the 'corrupted' miscasts are in fact counting as 'active' magic? I wonder what that means for the abberants... did the order do something recently to make this start being a thing? But abberants don't seem like new problems, and it seems like there's some link to 'corrupted' miscasts and abberants possibly.. maybe for some reason whatever weird magical state leads to them is happening more often now? HMM HMM!

posted at 3:08pm on May 23rd, 2017

Comment by eoforyth

*nods* at this point, Jonan needs something that will not upset his stomach, and get rid of that buzzy headach he has been suffering from (and no, it it isn't just Sev and co causing it :D ). Then he will need to take in a slow and steady flow of fluids, water and anything else like fruit juice or clear soup (speaking as someone who suffers a condition that prevented me taking in any liquids, let alone food, for periods of 48 hours at a time before I started getting treatment - I've really been feeling it for Jonan, despite him being an autocratic git!). Aww, Æmber hasn't felt hunger, but that hasn't meant she hasn't missed food - I expect that squirrel to come back with its cheeks stuffed, too!

So Xira seems to have some kind of constant connection with whoever that is in the dark speech bubbles. I wonder what it is that they are up to/looking for?

posted at 5:51pm on May 23rd, 2017

Comment by Dktr

Jonan/food and Aember/food otp

posted at 5:59pm on May 23rd, 2017

Comment by eoforyth

I'd just like to say how wonderfully put together this comic is. There is so much detail and shading that, with the subtle pallette, comes together as a wonderful whole without the page being too fussy. Well done :)

posted at 6:17pm on May 23rd, 2017

Comment by Ikwig

Hmmm,so what you seem to be saying, Xira, is that it feels weird in there to you? (At least, that's how it reads to me, especially with the sweat drop on his face.)

Actually, Xira's reactions really made this page for me! Our resident "let's throw caution to the winds" pair (Sev and Aember) just rush right in, Jonan seems to not care about anything as much as just getting some food (and I can't say that I blame him), and non-magical Tareth doesn't feel "weird." Xira, on the other hand, is freaking out beautifully (and reasonably, if you ask me; I don't think I would just trust random magic circles left over from rituals either). I also had to laugh at the ever-so-handy ritualist ready to explain. (Of course, being the super cautious person I am, I would be concerned that there was still a ritualist around, and also that he doesn't seem to care much about the bunch of random people having a picnic in his magic circle.)

Ah, I love Runewriters - it absolutely makes Tuesdays worth it!

posted at 6:23pm on May 23rd, 2017

I just realized that out of context, the last panel is Tareth friendzoning Xira, who pretends he is okay with is.
"I don't feel anything [for you]" "haha, cool, me neither - I'm dead inside"

posted at 6:53am on May 24th, 2017

Comment by Anticoagulant

~Tareth would be great at cinema sins~

posted at 7:28am on May 24th, 2017

Comment by Karen

I love that it takes Sev a second to realize he can sign again, after two days of Tentacles = Lipreading Only

posted at 11:59am on May 24th, 2017