June 12th, 2018

EDIT: I had a really nice time at HeroesCon, and it was great to see everyone there!! I'm still recovering a bit (and working out car things) so update will happen next week AND THEN HOPEFULLY, LORD WILLING, we will be done with delays!!! Thanks for your patience everyone!! /EDIT

hmmmmmmmmmmm whatcha plannin there sev...... what could it be.......!

And as usual, if you vote, you can get an extra doodle, with a bit of additional nonsense from our friends here!

OH HEY ALSO!! Heroes Con is this weekend!!! I feel, very unprepared and I'm not sure I have enough books??? BUT I'LL BE THERE!! @u@ COME BY AND SAY HI!!

Comment by Nath

Sev and Jonan being shitty friends is real, real important to me.

Sev's face in that fourth panel tho ksdljlkdjfsidf

also: JONAN TAKE A SHOWER YOU NINNY

posted at 12:11am on June 12th, 2018

The best worst friends!

Also everyone yelling at Jonan to take a shower is giving me life, I love this xD

posted at 11:13pm on June 18th, 2018

Comment by Galev

Sorry, my mind is dirty, but that double-entendre by Sev in the last panel is cracking me up! XD

posted at 3:55am on June 12th, 2018

Comment by Fal

Me at panel 1: Oh, I didn't see it coming. Moonwolves? Oh, they're not human traffickers after all, they probably only mean to "fix" them (whether the result would please the prisoners remains to be seen, but the intention is good).
Me at panel 3: Oh, I didn't see it coming. They're trying to use them as magical fuel for some magic thing?
Me at panel 4: ... not surprised.

A shapeshifter changes also odor? That shouldn't be surprising, but I hadn't thought about it.

posted at 6:41am on June 12th, 2018

Sev mentioned it in passing back on page 5.12 -- I don't know if it'll help Jonan's, uh, situation, but he at least won't smell like he's a human!!

posted at 11:14pm on June 18th, 2018

Comment by Darsara

No Jonan, you don't smell like you are a corpse, just like you, I dunno, roll around in them or something! Or let one sleep draped over your legs or something!

posted at 9:00am on June 12th, 2018

Comment by Salaru

I just noticed in the cast section... Jonan's on'y 29? Is he just emaciated because everyone tries to poison him just for being a natural born necromancer and he's afraid to eat anything? Or is being so close to a rotting pet pony making him ill?

posted at 9:53pm on June 12th, 2018

Reply by Luminous Lead

Jonan was "ridiculously thin" as I recall (rollover text of page 2.24 ballparks him at 90lbs). To compound things, due to a double miscast his mouth is fused shut. He hasn't eaten anything or had a drink in couple of days.

To compound it futher, Jonan also got grabbed by a life-draining abberant back when they first met.

Not sure people try to poison him often, but his servants say he isn't really well liked.

posted at 2:50pm on June 14th, 2018

Reply by PK

When he hasn't got his mouth sealed shut, I think he maybe just doesn't take a lot of interest in eating compared to his studies.

posted at 1:15am on June 15th, 2018

Jonan is absolutely aged beyond his years (Sev assumed he was much older) -- though he hasn't really elaborated on why that is!

Necromancers aren't particularly hated the same way witches are -- like, raising zombies doesn't make you very popular, but it wouldn't be reason to poison someone. Jonan himself has a lot of enemies, but that's more because of his winsome personality and questionable actions than his particular brand of magic.

posted at 11:15pm on June 18th, 2018

Reply by Salaru

I am suddenly thinking of Sylphie from the conjurer quest line in Final Fantasy 14, Aember's mentioning of Jonan being powerful enough to resurrect the dead, and mention before that of an injured woman who was said to have died, but maybe not...? I think I see what you're doing. X3

posted at 9:30am on June 20th, 2018

Comment by The Wing

Welcome back Shazzbaa! I hope you and your grandmother are doing all right now.

posted at 6:42am on June 13th, 2018

Comment by Lauren "Wing├ęd Elf Girl" Sparks

YAY IT'S BAAAAACK!!! and the expression in the last panel... XD XD XD

posted at 9:40am on June 13th, 2018

Comment by Beetlegirl

I hope Jonan gets to eat lots of food at the end of all this! lol poor dude

Also hope both you and your grandma are doing better and are healing well!! :)

posted at 2:51pm on June 14th, 2018

Comment by Chrysalis

Sev sometimes reminds me of one of those D&D characters who only does two things, but has managed to work out a way to solve nearly every problem using one of those two things. We've actually seen very few situations he couldn't get out of by either turning into a dragon or turning into a squirrel.

Welcome back, and I hope you're both recovering well!

(Also are they talking about Neiunthei, are we going to find out more about Neiunthei, oh gosh why am I this excited about someone who's only showed up on about three pages so far)

posted at 10:53pm on June 14th, 2018

omg this is an amazingly accurate comparison

posted at 11:17pm on June 18th, 2018

Comment by Mossy Laura

D-Dragon Jonan? more squirrel Jonan? I don't see how squirrel Jonan would ruin his clothes, so I'm crossing my fingers for dragon Jonan :D

posted at 11:33pm on June 16th, 2018