December 17th, 2012

"Forget Sev and the others," you say, "I want to know what's going on with the Agorath Order!" WELL YOU'RE IN LUCK.

The vote incentive is short today, with a thing that is probably happening elsewhere. :")

Comment by Ryorin

There are some scary magics in this world, huh? CLEARLY Tareth's mom has NOTHING to worry about. Little winking face.

posted at 1:35pm on December 17th, 2012

Comment by wr4ith0

I would assume the creepy guy in the magic circle to be the tainted witch, but I'm really not sure what the mix-up would be then...

posted at 2:48pm on December 17th, 2012

Reply by Kellan

Well the best way to get a person to let their guard down before killing them is obviously to lie and say you mixed them up with someone else.

posted at 2:20pm on December 18th, 2012

Comment by Tehbeefer

I think that's a different rune-font, right? Anyway, Esra, how could you mess that up? Did he turn you into a newt or something?

posted at 2:55pm on December 17th, 2012

Well, he got better.

But nope, it's the same font Jonan and Severian (and unnamed Rusanne guard elementalist lady) use for castin'! :")

posted at 6:50pm on December 28th, 2012

Comment by Nerrin

I am super-curious what the Agorath Order's deal is in general so an appropriate break in the action with Tarri, Sev, and Jonan to go poke at them is very welcome.

posted at 3:39pm on December 17th, 2012

Comment by Asterai

Okay. So what I'm seeing, after "re-watching" that scene a few times, is that we've got our first mind-controlly runewriter right here. He takes control of Ezra's hand, drawing Esra's own sword to use as a weapon against him.

Furthermore, he does this while inside what appears to be a ritual circle thing meant to keep him under control. (It isn't runewriter magic, that circle and candles. Plus it's too obvious to miss at a glance, so Esra would have startled on his way through the door if he hadn't expected it to be present.) So our scary mind-controlly runewriter found a way to break some ritualist magic. Now THAT is interesting.

posted at 4:24pm on December 17th, 2012

Comment by bbullock

Rarely does anything good come of having a possessed hand.

posted at 9:26pm on December 17th, 2012

Reply by Riverfox237

*adds this quote to her Funny Quotes archive*

posted at 1:03pm on December 18th, 2012

Words to live by.

posted at 6:51pm on December 28th, 2012

1, Hey, there were no fat aberrants :C ;p

2, "Fix-fix" is a great sound effect!

3, I should pay closer attention to the actual drawing, since I usually miss important detail - like the "I hold you hostage with your own hand" part.

4, Way to go Tarri! One more letter and mommy will need a healer too. At least you were clever enough not to mention the whole zombie thing.

posted at 4:18am on December 18th, 2012

Reply by Ryorin

I would make a picture of a fat aberrant my computer's wall paper forever.

posted at 1:52am on December 19th, 2012

Hey I already did all the fat aberrants! Besides, the comic's not late until it goes up on Tuesday. -u-

posted at 6:55pm on December 28th, 2012

Oh, I forgot you did multiple ones. Though I thought there were a multitude of them. I mean "magic can always go wrong" and I was sure it could go wrong in all the different wrong ways. Looks like I was mistaken.
Also I missed the part where Tuesday still counts as Monday ;D (I'm just kidding, I hope it comes through)

posted at 6:20am on December 31st, 2012

Comment by Riverfox237

Oh hey! Scene change! I wonder what the 'mix-up' is that Esra was talking about, and whether or not he still thinks there was one? The possessed hand thing might be a point of evidence against this.

So I'm guessing Sev is one of those 'tainted' runewriters; is this something that's starting to get around? Perhaps it wasn't Sev's spell after all,but some sort of twisted aberrant-related magic that's affecting various runewriters? Curiouser and curiouser!

Btw, on a faces note, I like the angle of Esra's face in the third-to-last panel a lot. And the witch-guy's face in the last panel is appropriately chilling. ^^d

posted at 1:07pm on December 18th, 2012