June 6th, 2017

n-never heard of him,

As always, don't forget to vote for an extra doodle! This one is about an unrelated star-crossed affair.

OH NO I HOPE NO ONE CALL'S JONAN'S BLUFF AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaa aaaaa aaaaaaaaaa

Me: *STUBBORN ABOUT CARING ABOUT XIRA'S WELLBEING*
Comic: ok but jonan
Me: HOW DARE YOU

ps necropony and aember for cutest cutes of the year.

posted at 12:10am on June 6th, 2017

Reply by Threnodi

The beautiful part tho is Jonan isn't bluffing! XD He is both famous and potentially terrifying! Though I admit I don't remember where he keeps his runes, so I guess depending outright threats might be a bluff... GO Jonan go!

posted at 1:09am on June 6th, 2017

Reply by Fal

He -is- bluffing though: in the anti-magic field he can't cast because, well, no magic, and out of it his lips are sealed.

posted at 4:03am on June 6th, 2017

Reply by Samantha "Spot" de G.

While it may be a bluff because he can't use his magic, Jonan does have Necropony as proof, and can still command Necropony. I'm curious to see if our pony friend has any useful talents that will come into play. :3

posted at 11:17am on June 8th, 2017

Other than prancing about and being cute? I am not sure if the pony has any abilities other than those - nor am I convinced it needs to. :D <3

posted at 8:52am on June 11th, 2017

(Kiri you are a blessing xD )

And YUP, he's significantly less threatening without his ACTUAL magic to back him up!

posted at 11:00am on June 7th, 2017

Comment by Hero

I appreciate so many faces here oh my gosh, thank you Jonan for (hopefully) saving this poor boy.

posted at 1:02am on June 6th, 2017

Comment by Khend

Despite no indication of it, I always feel like Jonan puts a lot of oomph and extra enunciation into Rs when speaking. Like a bit of extra roll or something.

posted at 1:32am on June 6th, 2017

Reply by Random Passerby

Like that "Winter of our discontent" clip?

posted at 5:05am on June 6th, 2017

omg, I kinda enjoy the idea of Jonan affecting an Impressive Voice to be as extra as possible

posted at 11:02am on June 7th, 2017

Reply by Khend

That is exactly what I meant and couldn't think of any of the words I was looking for. thank you.

posted at 9:00pm on June 8th, 2017

Comment by Himochi

pLEASE DO NOT HURT MY ANXIOUS SON;;;;;;
(i should not respond to updates on 3 hours of sleep)

posted at 2:51am on June 6th, 2017

Reply by Random Passerby

*grabs Xira* *hisses*

posted at 5:06am on June 6th, 2017

Comment by The Wing

Aw yes to not putting prepositions at the end of a sentence! You go Jonan! Show 'em how to grammar!

On a more serious note, I am really interested and concerned to learn how witches are treated when discovered. Would they drive him out, or actually lynch him? I know this webcomic is mild enough that it wouldn't go there on paper, but is it something that might have happened outside a family friendly rating? Poor Xira. :( He's so scared. Jonan saving the day is great.

posted at 3:28am on June 6th, 2017

In general, it depends on the state -- some places just mark witches and treat their magic as a basic crime. Some places kill witches just for being witches.

posted at 11:06am on June 7th, 2017

Comment by sazzle

Ahhh Jonan you tell him!

posted at 4:23am on June 6th, 2017

Comment by Tama

*Jonan pulls down sunglasses* Don't you know who I am?

posted at 4:30am on June 6th, 2017

Comment by Fal

:( AEmber I'm sorry... (the "sneak" frame is the best ever)

posted at 4:58am on June 6th, 2017

Yay, Jonan! Loom! Loom like you've rarely loomed before!

posted at 5:08am on June 6th, 2017

This is really satisfying to watch Jonan finally get to talk his way through stuff, like the moment when the party member with higher stats in one specific area finally gets a chance to to roll in what they're good at.

*hopefully he doesn't roll a nat 1

posted at 6:41am on June 6th, 2017

Comment by Meggyc

I can't help but think "No... He hasn't heard of you, Jonan, cause he's a narrow minded yokel and just that clueless. Though he does look intimidating though! I love that lighting.

Also, the emotions on this page. Poor Xira being so scared, "Hurray!!" for Sev stepping in to stick up for him, and "AAA!!! LOOK! Now Jonan's trying to help Xira by intimidating narrow-minded townsfolk! Yay!"

And OMG, the vote incentive! That is so sad! But I'm giggling. Sad giggles.

posted at 7:17am on June 6th, 2017

Comment by Anonymous Person

I bet he hasn't. Still, nice Intimidation roll.

posted at 10:48am on June 6th, 2017

Aaaaah, poor Aember! :C

Also, Jonana, yuss, roll Intimidation with disadvantage!

posted at 10:52am on June 6th, 2017

Comment by Fal

Surprisingly, Jonan, though everyone tells tales of what awful things he does, seems to be the one least prone to reaching for his magic to resolve conflicts. (because I totally imagine Sev here trying to turn into a dragon, and we saw Xira try to cast)

posted at 5:45pm on June 6th, 2017

Reply by Baufenbeast

It's more that he's very level-headed. He knows he can't cast, so he doesn't waste time attempting to. Remember that he originally got into this mess because he cast spells at a trespasser the moment he saw her, and she reflected them somehow.

posted at 11:36pm on June 6th, 2017

Reply by Salaru

I remember the trespasser actively robbing him, if I'm not mistaken. Probably pretended to need help to get inside the clinic.

posted at 1:24am on June 7th, 2017

Reply by Dragonsinger

Yep, he first told her to go, and only then cast the spell, however we were told he has overreacted in the past, like sealing someone's lips for something minor, and not realizing they would die of thirst if they didn't get help from other Runewriters (as he himself thought he'd just wait it out when it backfired on him).

posted at 5:49am on June 10th, 2017

Geez, I'm protected by the fourth wall and I'M intimidated!

posted at 10:19pm on June 6th, 2017

OMG I LOVE THIS COMMENT

posted at 11:08am on June 7th, 2017

Comment by Heather

Does Jonan ever go to wipe sweat off his face or something and cut his hand on those cheekbones?

posted at 4:55am on June 8th, 2017

Comment by Salaru

WHY do I have the sudden thought that this racist kid in the straw hat is gonna provide some of Jonan's backstory by hugging him and crying "PAPA!"?

posted at 2:39am on June 10th, 2017

Reply by TheOtherDibbler

I don't think Jonan's old enough to be the father of someone with that degree of facial hair.

...I also can't see Jonan getting into a situation where he'd be the father of anyone TBH. He's always struck me more as the 'keep people at arms length or farther away' sort.

posted at 7:51am on June 11th, 2017

Comment by Myriadism

Yay! Jonan is here to save the day! ...by being a scary asshole.... Big damn scary asshole hero :')

posted at 7:44am on June 14th, 2017