February 14th, 2017

psst, jonan, snapping doesn't, actually help,,

As always, you can vote for an extra doodle! This one is about a thing that must've happened in the meantime.

Also, Happy Valentine's Day!! And if you missed the RW valentines last year, I'd be remiss if I didn't share them with you.

ALSO also, Lord willing I'M PLANNIN TO BE AT ECCC???? It looks like I'm at table BB11 but I don't even know where that is yet!! I'LL MAKE YOU GUYS A NICE MAP NEXT WEEK I PROMISE

omg xira pls.

SHAZZ!!!! I HOPE YOU CAN COME TO ECCC????! It'll be the first time we've been at the same con in APPROXIMATELY FIVE MILLION YEARS??? aaaaAAA

posted at 12:04am on February 14th, 2017

AHHHH!!!! KIRI IM SO EXCITED TO SEE YOU!!!!!!!

posted at 8:39pm on February 15th, 2017

Comment by Fal

Xira's theme phrase: "what a coincidence!" Just the thing we needed happened TOTALLY BY COINCIDENCE!

posted at 1:33am on February 14th, 2017

Reply by Shweta Narayan

Watch Jonan's Expression Get A Bit More Pained Each Time!

posted at 5:21am on February 15th, 2017

this youtube clickbait is getting weird

posted at 8:39pm on February 15th, 2017

Comment by Obligatonym

It's really weird how Jonan is stepping up when it comes to looking after Tareth. First, he instinctively pulls her away from the slime monster. Now he remembers that she's deaf. If this keeps up, people might start seeing through his grouchy facade.

posted at 4:32am on February 14th, 2017

I dunno, snapping seems a bit rude tho... She isn't a dog or a zombie... or a zombie dog.

posted at 5:10am on February 14th, 2017

Reply by Kira

To be fair, there aren't a lot of options for a mute guy to communicate with a deaf girl when she isn't paying attention to him in that moment.

posted at 6:48am on February 14th, 2017

Reply by Kira

And other than the occasional 'pulling Tareth away or guiding her away from something' he's not exactly a touchy guy. So it may not have even occurred to him to tap her shoulder. The snapping seems true to character.

posted at 6:53am on February 14th, 2017

*Does a thoughtful thing but in the rudest way possible*

yeah that.... seems about right

posted at 8:40pm on February 15th, 2017

Re vote incentive: OMG TARIIIIII!!!!! How could you forget that AEmber can't hear?! She trusted you and you betrayed her! D: :P

I guess it's understandable in all the commotion, but still, I would have expected Tari to have a BIT more tact in such matters. I mean how many times had she been frustrated that she was left outside, not understanding what is going on?

By the way, I am kind of sympathising with the girls these days. I'm in a German language environment and almost all my colleagues can speak German, but not me. And 90% of the time I'm just left clueless. When there is something important I ask about it, but it feels like I'm a bother. Nearing the end of a month, this is really getting tiring :/

posted at 5:22am on February 14th, 2017

Reply by Asterai

On the other hand, she isn't used to being around other (effectively) deaf people, I don't think. AND a lot is happening quickly.

posted at 2:27pm on February 14th, 2017

deaf folks can also usually tap shoulders/stomp/etc to get attention, so i think it's safe to say Æmber is a sliiiiightly different case

GIVE TARETH A BREAK SHE IS JUST TRYING TO KEEP UP HERSELF she's not used to keeping other people informed!!

posted at 8:41pm on February 15th, 2017

Jonan, that is not how you sign. But HEY at least you're trying to communicate with Tari now, step in the right direction. XP

posted at 7:08am on February 14th, 2017

BABY STEPS

posted at 8:41pm on February 15th, 2017

Comment by Tama

Are you going to be at ECCC every day? Cause... Saturday tickets are sold out D:

posted at 2:21am on February 15th, 2017

That's the plan! If all goes well I'll be at the table all weekend. : )

posted at 8:42pm on February 15th, 2017

Comment by ehfeery

Johan's gesture-based communication includes;

Tapping and scowling,
Pointing and scowling,
Snapping and scowling,
Scoffing and scowling,
and hopefully soon...

Signing and scowling!

I can appreciate a guy who 'faces' all his (two) emotions (i.e displeasure and disbelief).

posted at 9:09pm on February 15th, 2017

Reply by Heather

He's slowly getting there!

posted at 1:56am on February 17th, 2017