September 6th, 2016

Y-YEAH,, NOTHING WEIRD GOING ON HERE AT ALL,
As usual, there's an extra doodle if you vote! This one ponders other members of the party.

ALSO!! I have another con coming up!

I'm gonna be at the Small Press Expo next weekend, with certified ghost-puncher Jordan Witt, it's gonna be rad, come by and say hi!! :D

Comment by Tama

Some spoopy happenings going on...am I right in assuming that the hssssss in panel 2 does not represent sound, but actually the hot, damp, putrid breath of some unfathomable horror breathing in her ear?

posted at 12:17am on September 6th, 2016

YOU WOULD BE CORRECT, YES

(also A+ gold star for that excellently vivid description)

posted at 12:30pm on September 6th, 2016

Reply by Asterai

And here I thought the illusionist messed up and hissed in the mind of a deaf person.

posted at 1:19pm on September 6th, 2016

Reply by Random Passerby

Well there's one way to catch on that something's an illusion!

"I just heard a scream."
"... You're deaf."
"EXACTLY."

posted at 2:47pm on September 6th, 2016

the surprising part of this would actually be identifying the sound of a scream as opposed to like "I THINK THIS MIGHT BE???? NOISE??????"

posted at 8:56pm on September 9th, 2016

Reply by Random Passerby

Still, could work in a scenario with someone who lost their hearing, if not here and now

posted at 9:32am on September 10th, 2016

Ooooooh that invisible hand on your shoulder thing would freak anyone out I think. D:

Except Jonan of course. Haha. I'm so glad that he is all like "Oh come one, what is is amateur stuff? Pfff... evil magic is not what it used to be."

I suspect it is going to be an other witch. Maybe a witch miscast, who knows? It seems to be all just ini their heads, and we know witches can plant stuff in your head. So I think that's what's going on.

Ooooooooooooh! Wait, we haven't seen a mind magic abomination yet, have we? Now that would be interesting - and probably horrible.

posted at 2:42am on September 6th, 2016

Reply by Jade

THAT EXPLAINS EVERYTHING! It's an illusionist witch! WHY DIDN'T I THINK OF THAT?!?! *puts head through the wall*

posted at 12:29pm on September 6th, 2016

Comment by Eread

Was Jonan spooked too? From the last panel where he see his face he doesn't seem really, although it could be that "Oh damn, what IS out here?"

posted at 6:15am on September 6th, 2016

The vote incentive elaborates on that ;)

posted at 9:12am on September 6th, 2016

Reply by Ereas

@Haha, thanks! Maybe we'll see what he thinks/how he feels in one of the next pages perhaps? *hint hint, wink wiiink*

@Glew: I always vote, I saw it and it doesn't. ;) That's why I asked.

posted at 3:54pm on September 6th, 2016

Well, in the incentive, we see Jonan straight out stare down the spooky shadow. So no, I don't think he was much spooked :D

posted at 2:58am on September 8th, 2016

Reply by Ereas

You didn't understand the vote incentive in that case, it's not what actually happened, it's what Tareth imagines Jonan could be like, and that's why in the end she says, "We'll never know," with the imagination bubbles above her head. What did you think the last panel meant then? Shazzbaa confirms those Jonan panels were all her thinking about it, that's why her answer to my question is "WE MAY NEVER KNOw." instead of saying how Jonan felt about it. ;)

posted at 5:54am on September 9th, 2016

WE MAY NEVER KNOw. he is keeping a suspicious eye out but, like, he's always doing that

posted at 12:32pm on September 6th, 2016

Now I'm really curious. Does Jonan KNOW this is all bs, or is he just as weirded out inside like everyone else?

posted at 3:48pm on September 6th, 2016

Comment by reynard61

Incentive: Jonan: "I wake the dead and use them as my servants, pal. *YOU* don't scare me one damn bit."

posted at 11:49pm on September 6th, 2016

PRETTY MUCH

posted at 9:01pm on September 9th, 2016

Is Xira kind of hiding behind Jonan in that last panel? It's kind of cute, but probably not very helpful; Jonan is way to whimpy to make a good meat shield.

posted at 12:40pm on September 7th, 2016

Reply by Heather

He's useless as a meat shield, he can't do magic right now, but that glare alone is enough to stop pretty much most things that would want to hurt Xira.

posted at 8:02pm on September 8th, 2016

I feel like hiding behind Jonan would be like "hiding" behind a telephone pole

posted at 9:02pm on September 9th, 2016