September 30th, 2013

What Would You Do: Prank Edition

The vote incentive this week is especially silly and inspired by panel 3. c:

Comment by CanvasWolfDoll

about this time, xira is seriously questioning his life, now that it has lead him to following a zombie pony at the behest of a deaf girl, only to find a man with sealed mouth at the end of it.

seriously, this has to be one the weirdest days of his life.

tangentially: i like flat whats.

posted at 10:21pm on September 30th, 2013

Now that you put it that way, it kinda sounds like a horror film.

posted at 8:37am on October 1st, 2013

Wow, uh..... yeah I'm pretty sure you could make a horror film out of that, actually.

JUST IN TIME FOR HALLOWEEN

posted at 12:50am on October 2nd, 2013

Reply by Threnodi

Don't forget that in following the undead horror for the deaf girl he found nothing left of her other friend than his clothing left scattered and abandoned in an alleyway. XD

I can only assume this was not the day he had been planning when he came to town.

posted at 4:24pm on October 28th, 2013

Comment by Tehbeefer

No, no you can't, Xira. We thank you for trying, though, that was hilarious.

OH Man wait wait. Pour it down his nose. Quick-like, before he wakes up, 'cause no way is that working on someone conscious.

posted at 10:47pm on September 30th, 2013

"An unconscious man who can't breathe through his mouth? POUR WATER DOWN HIS NOSE"
-RW commenters, trying to get Jonan killed or something

(I kid, I kid BUT SERIOUSLY THAT SEEMS REALLY RISKY MAN IDK)

posted at 12:53am on October 2nd, 2013

Reply by Grumpy Old Snake

It... might work if he were conscious and prepared; as a kid I could get air from a balloon to go straight from my mouth out my nose, if I concentrated, so he might technically be able to do the same in reverse and then swallow, which would give a bit more control over whether he breathed it in or not...? Except for the fact that water burns like crazy. No matter what, though, without a tube or something there's a scary large chance that he'd breathe the water. Also I can't picture Jonan wanting to try a stunt like that at ALL.

Pfff. I know they don't seem to exist in Runewriters, but I think I'm going to go look up when IV infusions were invented. xD

posted at 8:22pm on October 2nd, 2013

Reply by Skyler666

I think, considering that ingesting water through the mouth is a fail and IV supplements aren't included in this comic yet, pouring it up his nose is the only remaining option.

Unless someone can figure another way to get water into Jonan for the next two weeks? :)

posted at 3:38pm on October 6th, 2013

Comment by Grumpy Old Snake

Haha, Xira's just having so many (O_o) moments. I'm not gonna lie they make me smile. Everything seems so reasonable when you've been around for it as it happens, Xira, we swear... xD

Oh gosh Tareth's "ummmmmmmmmm." You can tell she *knew* she should say something, but couldn't quite think of a way to phrase it that he'd easily understand quickly enough.

The vote incentive is fun.

posted at 11:07pm on September 30th, 2013

THIS ALL MAKES PERFECT SENSE BUT HOW DO I CONVEY IT TO YOU IN A SINGLE SENTENCE, WHERE DO I EVEN START................

Tareth, it's okay, I have the same problem when trying to describe my webcomic to people

posted at 12:55am on October 2nd, 2013

Reply by Grumpy Old Snake

xD Runewriters: in which the characters describe the story in much the same way the author does?

posted at 8:25pm on October 2nd, 2013

Comment by keith_m043

Prank? Panel 3? Whenever I see the hand of someone not awake like that, I think of the hand in a pan of warm water trick, but I think Jonan is too dehydrated for it to work. ^_^

posted at 11:16pm on September 30th, 2013

Reply by Why?!?!

I think the prank would be "Would you help the severely dehydrated man collapsed in the street?" OH WAIT, his mouth's sealed shut! GOTCHA!

posted at 1:30am on October 1st, 2013

Hahaha, the vote incentive is too great! I literally started laughing out loud and now my roommate probably thinks I'm crazy.

posted at 1:35am on October 1st, 2013

(omg I'm so glad you guys were as entertained as I was xD)

posted at 1:02am on October 2nd, 2013

Comment by Wabbajack

Jonan is Ariel. Yes. Just all of my yes.

I feel bad for cracking up in the last panel, but I shall shamefully admit that I did.

"w-what"

posted at 3:30am on October 1st, 2013

Ooooooooh, the plot thickens!

What should we do dear Watson? Well, my best non silly, non mutilating, non already proven futile attempt of getting him re-hydrated is to get the help of a water rune-writer. Well, a healer might be able to help, but getting one counts as proven futile.
So this place is crawling with runewriters obviously (I think we already seen 3-4 just wandering in the background). One must be able to bend water down his nostrils or diffuse it through his skin or something, or just you know _MAGICK_ it somehow into him.

posted at 8:44am on October 1st, 2013

(I'm just really happy that 3-4 runewriters in the background counts as "crawling with them" because IT'S TOTALLY TRUE, THAT IS AN ABNORMALLY LARGE NUMBER OF RUNEWRITERS)

posted at 1:00am on October 2nd, 2013

Also @Panel 1-2 "Quick, there's no time to explain, get on the bunny-ostrich and follow the zombie pony!"

Sorry for flooding.

posted at 8:46am on October 1st, 2013

Comment by Wabbajack

You know what must be done? Jonan is a princess, right? And he's fallen into a deep sleep. There's only one solution.

Xira you must kiss him.

posted at 9:44am on October 1st, 2013

Reply by Tehbeefer

At first I was thinking something like shouldn't that be Tareth, but no, Xira is clearly the Prince Charming here.

posted at 11:17am on October 1st, 2013

Reply by Wabbajack

Yeees, Tareth would've been my choice too, but you gotta admit. Xira's the one trying to save everyone here, as handsome princes do. He is the one.

posted at 3:03am on October 2nd, 2013

~SHA-LA-LA-LA-LA-LA~

(this made me laugh so hard omg)

posted at 12:57am on October 2nd, 2013

Comment by Riverfox237

"UMMMMMMMMMMM"
I love your confidence in explaining the situation, Tari. XD
Poor Xira. He's trying so hard.
And more fun picking on Jonan! Because who ever gets tired of that?

posted at 11:55am on October 1st, 2013

OBVIOUSLY NOT ME

posted at 12:58am on October 2nd, 2013

Pour it up his nose, Xira!

posted at 6:25pm on October 1st, 2013

Comment by Tama-chan

Jonan is such a princess. Things must always go HIS way.

posted at 1:13am on October 2nd, 2013

Comment by Zypher

Oh man, I started laughing so hard at the incentive I choked. Excuse me while I try to salvage my lungs.

posted at 3:15pm on October 3rd, 2013

Comment by Skyler666

"What would you do?"
How badly does he need this water? How much of Xira do you think will be left if he holds Jonan and pours it up his nose?

posted at 3:35pm on October 6th, 2013

Comment by SotiCoto

Stick heated needle in his check. Quickly replace needle with straw. Put funnel in outside end of straw. Pour water into funnel.

posted at 10:05am on March 9th, 2016

Comment by Karma Squirrel

I can't help but imagine the unpleasantness of being forced to drink water through your nose. I mean, better than dying, but still... *shudders*

posted at 4:17pm on September 15th, 2017